Shiraz Single Vineyard Pack
Classified as an excellent vintage 2018 was hot and dry throughout the growing season, with a couple of heat spikes. The fruit ripened evenly and clean leaving the Shiraz with excellent flavour concentration looking more on the fuller side of medium body for which the Valley is renowned.
This pack includes one each of the Single Vineyard Shiraz, each wine an expression of the vineyard & the soils in which they are grown.
- Kiss Shiraz - Our flagship single vineyard Shiraz has become a modern benchmark the for Hunter Valley. It clearly demonstrates that Hunter Shiraz can achieve amazing intensity and concentration within a medium bodied frame.
- Elenay Shiraz - A barrel selected blend from the Sweetwater, Kiss, Belford and Dam Block vineyards. Satiny texture and blue fruited, but with an underlying grunt of concentrated fruit and 'punchy' premium French oak.
- The Dam Block Shiraz - From a 0.8Ha block, adjacent to the old vine Kiss Shiraz. A contemporary Hunter Shiraz with vibrant red & blue fruits and a juicy, succulent palate. A great alternative if you can't get your hands on a bottle of Kiss....
- Sweetwater Shiraz - A single vineyard wine from Sweetwater Ridge. This vineyard always produces wine with distinctive ‘floral’ violet and potpourri aromatics amongst its red and blue fruited frame.
Medium bodied, smooth and seamless. A Cellar Door favourite.
- The Cote Shiraz- A new single vineyard wine to our range from the steep slope of the historic "Cote D'or" vineyard in Central Pokolbin. Perfectly medium bodied with red pastille, Turkish delight and spicy notes.
- DJV Shiraz - a Shiraz for Pinot lovers, this wine is grown on the snady alluvial flats generally reserved for growing Semillon. It is intentionally lighter in body, reflecting the "Hunter River Burgundy" style made in the 1970's
This pack offers a great opportunity to line the wines up next to each other for a tasting experience at home & is the perfect gift for a Shiraz lover.
Enjoy this line up of Shiraz in their youth whilst they are fruit forward, or Cellar them and discover the secondary aged characters that develop over time.