16 December 2020 |
Wine Country Holiday Planning
A trip to Wine Country takes a little more planning these days. The benefit is, you do all the work before you leave home so you can relax when you get here.
Here's a few tips for your post-Christmas getaway to the Hunter Valley
- It’s one of our busiest times of the year so bookings are essential, everywhere
- There’s a huge range of accommodation from quaint cottages to large resorts; in the vineyards, in nearby towns & off the beaten track. Make sure your accommodation is not located too far from the areas you want to spend most time
- Book your restaurants – breakfast, lunch & dinner - or arrange some inhouse catering or gourmet hampers to kick back at “home” with a glass of newly found wine and enjoy the tranquility
- Cellar Door experiences require bookings & are in time slots, it can be a bit of a jigsaw working out the day’s itinerary. To maximise your experience book your day in a logical sequence & timeframe
- Add travel time between bookings/venues
Frequently asked questions for a Thomas Wines Visit
- Are bookings essential? During these busy times, yes they are, we hate having to turn people away.
- How do I book? It’s easy. All details, timings, costs & bookings are via the website
- Are you dog friendly? We sure are, we love welcoming furry family
- Do you have food platters to accompany your tasting experiences? No, we don’t but there are some great restaurants nearby
- Do I need to stick to the booked time slot? Yes please, it allows us time to spoil you (& our other visitors) & allows cleaning between visits
We can't wait to see you 😊